This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and choose to make a purchase I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
Are you ready to start selling your designs online with print on demand, but unsure which products are right for you? Sportswear and leggings are definitely popular these days and a nice way to showcase your designs.
In this review we look at Printful’s leggings and yoga pants to help you decide if it is the right product for you.
If you are new to Printful you can get started today by setting up your free Printful account. Read our full review and get started guide to Printful.
Check out the video below to see my review of Printful’s all over print regular leggings and the all over print yoga pants.
What is Printful?
Printful is a print on demand provider that offers a large selection of print on demand products that you can sell in your online store.
Getting started with Print on Demand?
If you are new to print on demand it is important to understand how this business model works. The foundation of print on demand is that a product is not made until it is ordered. In this case supply matches demand.
This is a great model that reduces textile waste. Typically if you want to start selling leggings then you would buy your inventory in bulk and then try to sell off your inventory. In this case if a product doesn’t sell then you are at a loss.
With print on demand you do not have to buy any inventory upfront which makes it easy for you to get started selling your designs.
Printful Leggings Review
Printful has a number of print on demand legging options for women including their all over print regular leggings, yoga pants, sport leggings, and plus size leggings.
All Over Print Regular Leggings
Printful’s all over print leggings are form fitting and feature an elastic waistband. You can get this style in full length, capri length or as shorts. The waistband comes to the mid waist. If you want a higher waistband then check out their Yoga Leggings. These leggings are made from 82% polyester and 18% spandex. You can choose between white or black thread depending on your design colors.
Sizes: They come in 5 sizes ranging from XS to XL. If you want larger sizes then check out the Plus Size Leggings which come in 2XL to 6XL.
- Good Print Quality – I ordered two different versions of this style and I really liked the print quality.
- Elastic Waistband – the waistband has an elastic which was comfortable and offered a good stretch
- Custom branding – with Printful you have the option to add your logo on the inside of the waistband. This is an important feature when it comes to print on demand because it helps to establish your brand.
- See White When it is stretched to the max – this is one of the downfalls of print on demand. The design is printed on a base white material when the fabric is at rest. When it stretches you can see the white start to show through. This was more noticeable with the regular leggings vs the yoga leggings. The base material is a little different between the two. The fibers seem larger on the regular leggings which allows for more stretch whereas you don’t get the same effect with the yoga leggings.
Printful’s all over print yoga pants have a higher waist than their regular leggings. These yoga leggings have the option of an inner pocket. They also come in capri length and shorts.
Sizes: They come in 5 sizes ranging from XS to XL.
- Higher waist – I prefer the higher waist style over the regular leggings, but they are both comfortable.
- Material doesn’t show white as much when stretched – As previously mentioned the material is a little different than the regular leggings and when you stretch it to the max you don’t get as much white showing through.
- Inside pocket is too small – The inside pocket is an optional feature that you can add, but unfortunately it is just too small to be functional. The only real purpose for it would be to hold your key.
- Less elasticity in the waist – The yoga leggings do not have an elastic waistband so they are not as stretchy or forgiving at the top.
Printful also offers sports leggings. These leggings do not offer an all over print design. The base material at the top and upper thigh area is black and then you can add your design to the lower part of the leg. This makes it non see through in these areas. There is an option for an inside pocket in the back of the waistband that is larger than the one with the yoga pants and it will fit most phones.
The leggings are ⅞ length and are not considered full length. They are made from compression fabric, therefore Printful recommends sizing up.
Sizes: These leggings come in 8 sizes ranging from XXS to 3XL.
3 Benefits of Using Printful as your Print on Demand Provider
1. Matching Sports Bra
Printful also offers print on demand sports bras so you can create coordinating sets with your leggings. Their sports bras include: all over print sport bra with padding, without padding and a longline sports bra.
2. Custom Branding
On most of Printful’s all over print apparel you can add your custom logo. This is called “white labeling” where you can add your own logo to products. Click here to learn more about white labeling with Printful.
3. Wide Product Selection
Printful offers a wide product selection for women, men, youth and kids. They also have leggings for youth, kids and men. This opens up the possibility of matching collections for Mommy and Me.
4. Integrates with Many Platforms
Printful integrates with many different platforms including Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy and many more. You can find a full list of Printful integrations here.
My Design Mistake – Plus Recommendations
On one of my designs I ordered a lighter coral color marbled look which didn’t turn out well because my colors were too bright. On the leggings you notice that there are little grey dots. When you submit your design make sure that your colors fall within the CMYK spectrum.
This can be confusing because the file that you submit to Printful needs to be in RGB color mode. You can start designing in CMYK and then convert it to RGB color mode before you upload your design. Printful has a helpful video explaining in depth what it means to color correct for print.
You can also order a sample legging that has a bunch of color swatches printed on them with the RGB value. This is a nice resource because it can help you decide on what color to use and how it looks when printed on the material.
Print on Demand Legging Alternatives
There are many Print on Demand companies to choose from. If you find that you want to consider more options then check out these other print on demand leggings..