This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and choose to make a purchase I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
What is Printful?
Printful is a company that specializes in print on demand products. Print on demand is a type of Ecommerce model where a product isn’t made until it has been ordered by the customer. One of the key benefits to this type of business model is that production matches demand. You don’t have to buy a bunch of inventory at the start or be left with inventory that doesn’t sell.
How does print on demand work?
With print on demand there are 3 entities involved: the customer, the production partner (in this case Printful), and you as the store owner. With print on demand you as the seller will upload your designs to Printful and then connect the products to your online store. When a customer purchases an item from your store they will pay you directly. Printful will automatically be notified of this purchase and start processing the order. Once the order has been processed Printful charges you the base cost of the product and creates the product and ships it directly to your customer.
Print on demand is a nice way to get started selling your artwork and custom designs without having to invest in any inventory.
How much does Printful cost?
There is no upfront cost to using Printful. You can set up your account for free. You are only charged when someone makes a purchase from your shop. Each product has its own base price and then the cost of shipping. Ultimately how you price your product is up to you. You can set your prices depending on how much profit you want to make. If you want to offer your customer free shipping then you will just calculate your prices with the shipping cost in mind.
What kind of products does Printful have?
Printful has a wide selection of products to choose from. They offer apparel for men, women and kids. You can also sell home goods from your online store.
Here is a quick list of some of their popular products:
- Baby bibs and bodysuits
- Phone cases
- Face Masks
- Coffee Mugs
- Blankets & Pillows
- Wall Art
This is only a partial list of the products they offer. You can check out their complete product catalogue here.
What platforms does Printful work with?
Printful integrates with most Ecommerce platforms and online marketplace. Here is a list of the most common platforms:
- Big Cartel
You can learn more about Printful’s integrations here.
How to create your online store with Printful
Check out the video below which will walk you through the steps of how to get started selling online with Printful.
Printful Review: Is it worth it?
Printful is a great company with a nice range of products. Here is a quick break down of the 4 major benefits of using Printful.
4 Benefits of Using Printful for your Online Store
- Great user experience: Printful has one of the best online platforms when it comes to user experience. They make it easy to navigate their website to find the products you are looking for. They also have design templates for all of their products which makes designing your product easier. Not all print on demand companies offer this and I really enjoy this feature.
- Wide product selection: Printful has a wide range of products you can choose from. You can check out their product catalogue here. Whether you want to start selling apparel or home goods there are a lot of product options to choose from.
- Easy Integrations: As we have mentioned before Printful integrates with the major Ecommerce platforms and online marketplaces. Whether you want to sell on your own website or sell with one of the online marketplaces Printful makes it easy to get started. Learn more about Printful’s integrations.
- Extensive User Help Guides: If you need help getting started with your online store definitely check out Printful’s Youtube channel. Here are some helpful videos you should watch to get started with Printful:
Best Printful Alternatives
If you are unsure if Printful is right for you then you can check out some of these other print on demand options:
Check out our guides on choosing the best Print on Demand products for your online store
- 6 Best Print on Demand Leggings (Reviews & Guide)
- 3 Best Print on Demand Sports Bras – Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Best Print on Demand Yoga Pants for your online store
- 5 Best Print on Demand Capris – Review
- 4 Best Print on Demand Swimming Suits for Women
- 3 Best Print on Demand Swimming Suits for Men
- Best Print on Demand Swimming Suits for Kids