This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and choose to make a purchase I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you. See our disclaimer for more information.
Are you looking to get started with print on demand? As an artist, finding different ways to sell your art is important. With print on demand you can get started selling your art online. In this review we look at the print on demand company Printify. With this guide we hope we can help you decide if they are the right fit for you and your brand.
What is Printify?
Printify is a print on demand company that offers a wide selection of products that you can upload your design and sell as your own.
With Print on demand the product is not made until it is ordered by your customer. One major benefit is that supply always matches demand and you don’t have to hold onto any inventory. Getting started with print on demand has relatively low upfront costs and is a great option for artists.
Is Printify free?
Yes, Printify is free to get started. You can set up your free account, connect your store and get started selling your designs online.
With the free plan you can have an unlimited amount of designs and connect up to 5 online stores.
Printify Premium Option
Although Printify is free they do have a premium option that you can sign up for. With the premium plan you can connect up to 10 stores and get up to 20% discounts on products. This can be a good option if you sell enough volume to justify the monthly cost.
With the premium plan you pay $29/month (or a rate of $24.99/mo if you pay yearly).
How does it work?
1. Create your free Printify account – If you have not set up your free account click here.
2. Design your first product – browse through Printify’s wide selection of print on demand products and start designing your first product.
- Production Partners – Printify uses production partners. When you go to select a product you may see a list of different production partners that Printify works with to fulfill that product. From the list select the production partner that will work best for you and your store.
- Design templates – Printify offers a design template that you can download. This template will give you a design guide of where to place your elements so they will be printed correctly.
- Product Mockups – Once you have your product designed you can download the product mockup to feature on your store.
3. Connect your store – Printify does not have its own marketplace. You will need to set up your online store using a third party E-commerce platform. You can set up your own website or sell on a marketplace like Etsy. Keep reading below to find out what platforms Printify integrates with.
4. Make your first sale – once you make your first sale Printify will fulfill the order and ship the product directly to your customer.
Printify gives you the option to integrate with a number of third party platforms.
Shopify – you can connect your Shopify store using the Printify Shopify app or connect through your Printify account. Check out this step by step tutorial on connecting your Shopify store with Printify.
WooCommerce – if you are hosting your store on your own WordPress website with the WooCommerce plugin then check out Printify’s guide to connecting Printify with WooCommerce.
Etsy – If you don’t want to set up your own website then you can sell on a marketplace like Etsy. Here is the get started guide to connecting Printify with your Etsy shop.
Ebay – Printify will also connect with the US Marketplace for Ebay. If you are using Ebay for a marketplace outside of the US then it will not work. Here is a guide to connecting your Printify store with Ebay.
Wix – In order to connect your Printify store with Wix you will need to be a part of one of their paid plans. Learn more about how to connect your Printify store with Wix.
PrestaShop – Is a free Shopify alternative where you can run your online store. Learn how to integrate Printify with PrestaShop here.
BigCommerce – Is another Shopify alternative where you can host your online store. Here is a guide on how to integrate your Printify store with BigCommerce.
1. Large Product Selection – Printify offers a large selection of products to choose from ranging from apparel to home goods.
2. Automated orders – When you integrate Printify with your selling platform the orders will be fulfilled automatically. When your customer makes an order Printify will be notified of the order and will start fulfilling the order and shipping it directly to your customer. Not all print on demand companies offer automated orders so this is a nice feature. The more you can automate your business the better.
3. Multiple Production Partners – Printify works with a number of different production partners. When you go to select a product you can choose from the list of available partners. Not all production partners are the same and some offer different options. This gives you the choice to pick the production partner that is best for your brand and location. You may find a production partner that is based closer to where your customers are. This would cut down on overall shipping times.
4. Product discounts available with premium plan – when you sign up for Printify’s premium plan you can get up to 20% off of the base cost of the product. This additional monthly cost is a great option if you have a large volume of orders.
1. Less quality control – Although having multiple production partners gives you some benefits it can also be seen as a negative. In this case Printify acts as a middle man connecting you with print on demand fulfillment centers. They do not fulfill the product “in-house”. The quality of the product is in the hands of these 3rd party production companies.
If you would prefer to work with a print on demand provider that manages the creation of products “in-house” then check out Printful.
If you are still unsure if Printify is the right company for you then check out these alternative print on demand companies.
Printify Product Reviews
Check out our Printify product reviews.
Printify Review Recap & Recommendations
Printify is a great option for print on demand products that offers a wide selection of products and integrates with the major Ecommerce platforms.
Our number one recommendation that we make with any print on demand provider is that you order a sample of your product. This way you can ensure the quality of the print and make sure the product meets your standards.